Cycling includes disciplines such as track, highway, and cross country racing, mountain biking, trail cycling, bicycle ball, figure riding. In addition, cycling is an integral part of the triathlon. Cycling emerged at the end of the 19th century. Its development is inextricably linked with the history of the emergence of the bicycle itself.
This discipline attracts many gambling professionals due to the wide range of tournaments and races, as well as fascinating views and emotions!
What is the most well-known cycling event?
Tour de France is the highlight race of the cycling year. The Tour de France is by far the most important and popular race in cycling. The race lasts three weeks and demanded everything from the participants. The stages in the Pyrenees and the Alps are particularly feared. In addition, the drivers also have to prove themselves on flat stages and in individual time trials. It is no coincidence that the most popular cycling stakes in bookmakers’ portfolios are the Tour de France bets.
At the Tour de France, the leader gets a yellow jersey. It is primarily intended to make it clear to the audience who the leader is. Nowadays this is perhaps not as important as it used to be, when all spectators had to stand at the edge of the track because there was no television broadcast yet. But even nowadays it is nice to see at first glance who is the leader in the overall standings. Many cyclists dream of wearing the yellow jersey for at least one day in their lives.
How to make a proper analysis of cycling races?
Here are the key factors to consider while betting on cycling to make a profit:
- Race type – one-day, multi-day or super-multi-day. This is important both for bets on a specific stage and for long-term stakes;
- Competition status – regional race or prestigious tour (for example, Tour de France);
- Favorite form – the results of the last performances in general and on this tour in particular, the time since the last race.
- It is also important to look at the motivation of the riders – this is especially true for multi-day events;
- Weather Conditions – Some athletes do not tolerate heat well, while others perform better in rain. Plus rain slows down the pace of the race, making blockages and sensations likely. And the wind can be fatal for light riders.
What is crucial to keep in mind while betting?
Many players have good mathematical skills, are able to think in a systematic way and are well versed in sports, but all the same, over time they go into negative territory. Most often this happens not because of strategic calculations, but for psychological reasons.
Sports betting is a game of chance where the entertainment and emotional factor plays an important role. If you do not learn to restrain emotions, then you will hardly be able to make money at a distance. Most often, overly temperamental players make the following mistakes:
- follow their fan preferences rather than relying on a sober analysis of the event;
- deviate from the strategic plan for an interesting match or major tournament;
- rush to recoup due to dissatisfaction from a series of offensive losses.
The last point is the most dangerous. It is the desire to recoup at all costs and to do it as quickly as possible that often leads to the bank being drained. The player raises the stakes, takes more risks, loses his composure. If you notice such a “sin” behind yourself, then it is better not to bet. Most likely, there will come a time when you lose your temper and lose a lot of money.